Tnt Express - Screwed up on Duty Tax and Wants Me to Pay Twice
I bought a guitar from a guy in Australia.The guitar was made in the Netherlands so the duty tax should have been 5% not 10% which is what they billed me for.
Also should have been the value of the guitar, not what I paid. Also in addition to a $15 fee there was another $15 charge for who knows what. They would not answer the phone and wouldn't answer my questions through email. So I mailed them a cashiers check for the 5% duty and $15 fee.
Now two years later I've gotten a bill from a collection agency for the full amount. I've long since thrown away the stub from the cashiers check I mailed them and I have no way to prove I got it or they cashed it.
The collection agency won't respond to me either.TNT is the worst shipping company EVER.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Uncaring attitude
- Customer service
- Reason of review:
- Problems with payment
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Tnt Express International Shipping
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "On Sept. 18, 2012, our company received custom-made heat exchangers used in the manufacturing of research aquatics systems. Estes Express was the carrier. The crate looked fine when we got..."
- "THIS COMPANY SHOULD BE BANNED FROM OPERATING AS A MOVING COMPANY! My wife and I hired them to move us from South Carolina to California. My wife spent the majority..."
- "So, I send my 2 balikbayan boxes on August 20th expecting to be in the Philippines around the first week of October. Instead LBC decided to keep my box sitting..."
- "I Googled i need to change my address at the post office so then i clicked on official usps change of address form, i read through everything to make sure..."
- "Zazzle - you can take the order, promise the due date of the order BUT - you don't do what you say you will do and to make matters worse..."
- "Hidious! I placed an order for my item to arrive before Christmas. Paid for priorty shipping. Was unaware this company is based in China. My order just arrived one week..."
- "During the purchase of the airfare reservation, the refund policy states refundable within 24 hours of cancellation. The reservation was purchased and cancelled within the 24 hours. Once..."
- "I purchased this dress to wear at my granddaughter's wedding on August 27th. The dress is beautiful, I loved it and the fit was good. I ordered it..."
- "First and formost I don't have time to video tape anyone in this gym.... I hate a liar..... If this gym is going to accuse me of being a ***..."